The International Watercolor Society ( IWS) is excited to announce the collaboration with Nevskaya Palitra (@nevskayapalitra), Saint Petersburg, Russia ( White Nights watercolors ), which 3 sets of specially designed IWS White Nights watercolor sets will be launched in Spring 2018.
We are now announcing the online contest for the box cover of this IWS White Nights watercolor sets. Winners’ artwork will be used on the box cover.
This contest will be open from Dec 25 2017 to Jan 25, 2018.
RULES OF ENTRY:
1. Artists must be over 18 years of age
2. 90% of the work should be done by transparent watercolor.
3. No collage, class work, digital images, any form of print or reproductions.
4. Artist’s original work only and must be completed with last 5 years.
5. No copies or likenesses of another artist’s work including published source or reference not attributable to the artist.
6. Theme: unrestricted, with the suitability for the use of packaging.
7. The artwork submitted should never been published or used in a commercial product.
8. Dimension of artwork is not restricted but MUST be in Square format or Horizontal direction.
9. Any violation of the above rules will be disqualified without prior notice.
UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES:
Each artist is allowed to upload 2 images.
Please write the following when uploading:
Dimension of artwork (in cm) :
Where to upload: https://www.facebook.com/groups/IWS.Contest/
A group of international well known artists, as well as administrative person from White Nights Paint will select 3 winners, which their work will be printed on the cover of the IWS White Nights Watercolor Sets.
The 3 winners will get a free trip to the northern capital of Russia and hotel accommodation- St. Petersburg
NOTES TO WINNERS:
The winners need to sign an agreement of granting the copyrights of the winning artwork for producing the box cover of the IWS White Nights Watercolor Paints, as well as using the image but not limited to for promotion, advertising, publishing, editorial and print collateral including brochures, marketing kits etc. The final artwork might also be modified so as to fit the production of the packaging.
Please note that Administrators/Moderators reserve the right to change/edit/delete/move/